Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Finals Diet

If I kept a food diary, this is what the last 24 hours would look like:

Dinner last night -  a mini bag of baked potato chips, orange juice, and one bite of disgusting macaroni and cheese, made with canned whipping cream instead of milk

Midnight snack - tortilla chip fragments from the bottom of the bag

Breakfast this morning - 1/2 a mini bag of baked potato chips and a handful of sweetened coconut

Lunch - a can of green beans and three oreo cookies

The conclusion?  Studying for finals and trying to finish several massive papers = no time to cook or go to the grocery store = a wonderful way to encourage creative meal planning. If I don't get off Blogger and finish footnoting my paper, dinner tonight just might be canned tuna and ranch dressing over spaghetti noodles.  Yum!

2 comments:

Bronson said...

D.A.N.G! You should really eat something at some point. I don't want you to die. :( I'm sorry your finals are sucking so bad. :'( But I think both of us will be relieved when finals are finally over. Keep your chin up and Mike had better start feeding you or I will have to kick his butt! :)

Britny Clark said...

Yes, I agree with Brons--husbands should feed their wives, especially wives who are in the throes of perhaps the most grueling finals known to mankind.