Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Ramble Inspired by My Inability to Focus on Fiduciary Duties in Sole Proprietorships

At least five times over the past month (mostly when I was procrastinating homework), I thought to myself "Wow, it's about time that I wrote another blog post." I would then pull up blogger.com, click to open a new post, and sit and stare at the blank box until I got sufficiently bored to return to reading for Business Associations.

At one point, I even looked for blog prompts, but the thought of writing an entire post responding to "What does mayhem mean to you?" brought on some rather severe flashbacks to unpleasant grade school writing assignments. Me, in tears because my hand hurt from gripping the pencil too tightly and my head hurt from not being able to spell anything (at the age of nine, I still frequently used the byline "LaShel Wihte"). My mom, insisting that 20 words really wasn't a monstrous assignment and imploring me to attempt writing a word with more than three letters. As a child, I had so much I wanted to write and so little ability to express myself in writing. Now that I'm an adult, with a decently fast typing speed and a reasonable ability to spell most English words (at least with the help of spell check), all the ideas have disappeared. Well, except for the age-old fall back of writing about how you don't have anything to write about.

I thought that the answer to getting over my writer's block was to have something exciting happen to me, so I would have something to blog about. I was mistaken. Turns out, the best method for overcoming that blank stupor is to be procrastinating something you really don't want to do. Like outlining for Business Associations *blech*

1 comment:

Britny Clark said...

Ah, fiduciary duties in sole proprietorships. Yes, yes, well...enjoy them while you can.

Bwahahaha. If you say 'fiduciary' with a French accent, it kind of sounds like the name for a particularly exotic bar of chocolate. Lucky thing you have sole proprietorship.